Parking lot striping services are essential. After all, the last thing you want is to have traffic problems that could lead to property damage or injury outside your building. There’s so much more to it than simply calling Bennett Paving for great parking lot striping services. Here are some before and after tips that can help.
• One of the first things you must do is think about how you want traffic to flow in your parking lot. You want a lot that lets your customers get in, find a parking space, move in to your building or shop safely, then head out just as safely. Planning this extensively before the parking lot is striped is a must.
• ADA guidelines have to be followed, too. You’ll need the right amount of handicapped-accessible parking spaces and van spaces according to the law, so do a bit of research before you have the lot striped.
• Cleaning will be required before the striping is done, even if you just had the lot paved. All of the debris must be pushed off the lot so it’s as smooth as possible when we bring our equipment through.
• The weather actually matters once the striping is complete. Any moisture on the lot has to stay off for at least four hours. The temperature should also be above 50 degrees for at least that amount of time.
• Keep traffic off the lot for four to six hours after striping is complete. The longer your lot is allowed to sit undisturbed, the longer your striping is likely to last.
• Keep it clean. As time goes on, parking lots get dirty. It’s just the way things work. You may want to look into having someone pressure wash it on a regular basis, as it’s not only likely to make your lot last longer, but your paint as well.
• Repair problems immediately. The sooner you address problems, the longer your paint will last. Whether you begin to notice cracks or wearing paint or you simply start to see your seal coating wearing off, the sooner make repairs and apply preventative medicine to your lot, the better off you’re going to be in the long term.
Parking lot striping is a must to help give your customers the experience they need, but you can’t simply think one phone call will do it for all of time. Instead, it’s going to take some work both before and after to get the job done well.
Bennett Paving Inc.
23004 Windy Valley Road
Leander, TX 78641
New bike on new blacktop | Flickr – Photo Sharing! : taken from – http://www.flickr.com/photos/dno1967b/8233714678/Author: Daniel Oines http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/