Wrapping up its investigation
The Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) has concluded that allegations made against Resorts World Las Vegas president Scott Sibella are unfounded. The NGCB investigated the matter for almost a year before delivering its determination on Monday.
alleged that Sibella had close ties to a convicted bookmaker
The NGCB started to look into allegations from Brandon Sattler in April 2022. Sattler made the claims in a sworn deposition as part of a fraud litigation lawsuit. He alleged that Sibella had close ties to a convicted bookmaker named David Stroj, alleging that Stroj was a part owner of a now-closed food outlet within the Resorts World casino resort.
Sattler is a controversial businessman and gambler who allegedly deceived his investors and used the funds to play high roller games in Las Vegas.
No evidence found
If Sattler’s allegations were proven to be accurate, both Resorts World and Sibella could have faced disciplinary action for having worked with someone who was a convicted felon.
As reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the regulator found no evidence that Stroj had a stake in the food outlet. His father was the restaurant’s manager and Resorts World completed a comprehensive due diligence check on the operation before signing a lease agreement.
When Sattler’s allegations first came to light, Stroj said that he had no ownership of his dad’s business and that he barely even knew Sattler.
Before Sattler made the claims, Resorts World had already disclosed to the Nevada authorities a possible link between the restaurant and Stroj. The regulator also found that Resorts World fully complied with the investigation after the allegations were made.
The Resorts World Las Vegas only opened in June 2021. The $4.3bn property was the first completely new hotel-casino to open on the Las Vegas Strip in over a decade.
Sattler was banned from Resorts World in January, just days before local media reported his involvement in bankruptcy fraud litigation.
Sibella said that they had met twice
Commenting on his relationship with Sattler, Sibella said that they had met twice and that he doesn’t “know him from Adam.” This ran contrary to Sattler’s claims that they had been friends for 20 years.
Sibella was an executive at MGM Resorts for a long time before coming on board in 2019 with Resorts World to help oversee the property’s construction and operations.
The post Nevada Regulator Clears Name of Resorts World President After Probe Into Criminal Ties appeared first on VegasSlotsOnline News.